Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Before The Rains Came Down

We are finally getting some much needed rain around here, and that's a good thing. Before it started, though, we were able to squeeze in a project that the Oldest Kid wanted to do.



Yes, we got the dye out. We just love to make a mess!


She tie-dyed what she needed to dye (I can't tell you, it's a secret project ), and of course I found some fabric that was calling out to be dyed.

Then, she decided that the shirt she was wearing needed more color. I promised not to post the topless pictures that I took when she stripped off her shirt, and put it into the soda ash solution! She quickly ran inside to put on a different shirt, and then contemplated what to do with the first shirt..


Here it is, as a work in progress. It did get soaked when the clouds opened up, so we have no idea what it will end up looking like. 


We are excited about seeing the results when we unwrap things tomorrow. After she takes her OT licensing exam. Send some good vibes her way, please?

And what about you? Got something fun planned for the weekend? We hope you have a good one....

4 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

Well its looking good so far so good luck with the tye dye stuff,we have rain coming back again for tomorrow after a nice couple of days,of which we when to the beach but not today to windy to day so its play time with Speedy today

Crafty Green Poet said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Your rain is just starting, ours has just ended. We've had a few days of sunshine! Good luck with the exam!

bunnits said...

What fun! Love the shirt and looking forward to the unveiling of the rest.

Unknown said...

Rain? Did someone say rain? Oh, blessed, watery rain...

I went to my moms today so she could show me how to piece a jellyroll quilt. I only had half a jelly roll, so basically, once I get the binding and borders together, it will be PERFECT for a twin bed. I enjoyed putting it together, but my mother HOVERS over me!!!! I am going back Thursday so she can hover some more while I put the borders on...I think I am definately giving this quilt to my bunnies to make it into lace!!!!