The original quilt was a landscape. I decided to simplify, and make a tile-like design, that implied a landscape.
|"Set Free The Wind", 12" square|
I cut back the tile to add the tree. Before doing the quilting, I added a thread-sketched figure of a woman/goddess.
I intended to go around the figure one more time during the quilting, but I liked the way she seemed to float above the tile, so I didn't end up doing that .The quilting was done by stitching around the tiles. If I do another piece in this style, I will try stitching down the tiles before layering the quilt, and have the "grout" be the quilted part.
The hair might remind you of a young lady who appears on this blog quite often. But, I should probably say that the Daughter's nose is smaller and cuter.
More pictures from this challenge can be found here. Check them out, there is some pretty amazing work.