Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Scrap Attack

Last week I started attacking the scrap box again. By this morning I had a bunch of small pieces layered, pinned, and ready to quilt. These will become covers for little notebooks. Quite a few little notebooks, in fact.



Which leaves me with two questions. First, why is the scrap box just as full as when I started?



And second, why is my assistant just lying around when there is so much work to be done?

"Mom! Stop fibbing! Tell them the real story."
Okay, okay. The real story is that he kept sitting on my foot that was on the foot pedal. It's not easy to control your speed for free motion quilting that way. I heated up his warmer (a corn-filled pillow), tucked it in a towel,  and he took a nice, long nap while I got a little quilting done. Maybe tomorrow I'll curl up on the towel, and he can sew....

8 comments:

Jade said...

Well, he WAS trying to help... :)

A nap on a heated pillow sounds positively blissful, so I don't blame Weasley for passing up on the quilting. Let us know how he does with sewing while you nap. ;)

Little Miss Titch said...

Who wants to quilt and sew anyway a nap sound a much better idea!

Crafty Green Poet said...

those will be lovely notebooks!

I have the same issue with my scraps, no matter how much i use, there's still t he same amount left.

and Weasley looks wonderfully relaxed there...

SixBunnies said...

With those cute leggies sticking out there, he's doing his job just being sweet in the corner there!

Annette Tait said...

your book covers look great! and doesn't Weasley look so so adorable!! (I've had a bun on the foot too, trying to work, ha ha!)

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I have the exact same thing. It doesn't matter how many times I raid the scrap basket - that thing never gets any emptier. It's like Mary Poppins' handbag. A much much messier version.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

He's just so adorable I can hardly stand it! He's the ultimate snuggle bunny for sure!