Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Left Over Paint

I hate to waste paint, but I often find that I have put too much on my palette for what I'm working on. Frequently, I will smear the leftovers on a journal page, usually a page much farther along in the book than I am currently working. That is how my hat lady got started. She's very orange, not because of too much "tan in a bottle", but because that's the color paint that was on the page.

 
I'm the kind of person who buys hats, but never wears them except in front of the bathroom mirror. Since I'm working on not letting fear run my life, maybe this will be the year that I actually leave the house with one on. What about you? Do you wear your hat out in public? If you do, what does your hat say about you?  Does it give you confidence, make you feel beautiful, or show off your creativity or sense of humor?   
 
To see more paintings, check out the goings on over at Paint Party Friday. And, have a great weekend!

12 comments:

SLScheibe said...

Your hat buying habit sounds like my purse buying habit. Love bright colorful ones but only leave the house with black ones. Beautiful artwork! So bright and colorful!

sharon said...

Lovely pages, the only hat I wear outside is my gardening hat a straw thing decked with plastic flowers lol. Love the name of your blog.

Unknown said...

LOVE those colors! I have a thing for scarves. I buy them to cover my head in church. But I haven't been to church in over a year. WHY? Same reason you do not want fear controlling your life, I guess. I am sick of guilt running mine...

Little Miss Titch said...

I love it Karen,I wear hats some time depends on my mood,xx Rachel

Giggles said...

Wear the hats girlfriend...wear the hats!! Brand yourself and who you are!! Celebrate you by wearing your hat! For years I wore hats and didn't realize I was an artist! I guess it was the artist within begging to get out!! At fifty my friend finally started wearing stripey tights....I love them on her...finally she is her artsy self. She no longer cares what others think....you shouldn't either! Wear it because you love them....let your hat shouT loud and proud...."I AM AN ARTIST!!"

“Those who matter don't care, and those who care don't matter.” Dr. Seuss

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

really wonderful pages and colors! I say -yes-wear the hats!! I would, and do wear one once in awhile-sometimes just for fun:)I adore your rabbits too. Happy PPF and 2014!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...


I agree with Giggles and the Dr. Seuss quote is a great one to live by! In Australia, where I am, everyone wears hats to keep off the sun and schools have a 'no hat, no play' policy But I say, If you like it, wear it! Others do it all the time so why not :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

my hats are purely practical, they're woolly warmers that keep my ears warm. I'd like to wear more stylish hats too, but I've got a large head and it's very difficult to find a stylish hat to fit.

bunnits said...

I love hats,but only rarely buy them, unless for utilitarian purposes like CGP, because I don't feel I look good in them. Maybe we should make this the Year of the Hat and try to wear hats for fun more.

I don't like wasting paint, either. I sometimes smear the leftover around into abstract things, but tend not to "wear them in public" either. Maybe this year for that, too.

DVArtist said...

I too don't like to waste paint. Oils are easy cover them with wax paper and put them in the freezer but acrylics... hmmmm I like that you use the extra in your journal. Great idea
Nicole/Beadwright

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Ummmm...well you know I wear a hat in public. hee,hee,hee. I think it says I'm one crazy bunny lady. Yeah...that would be it. ;)
Wear a hat girlfriend! You can do it! I bet you look awesome in them.
xx

RG said...

I've a great idea - well, an idea. Everybody wear rabbit-ear hats once a week out!