Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Electric Buns

If you have house rabbits, then you know that they are attracted to live electrical cords like lemmings to cliffs. Electric cords aren't the prettiest home decorating object, and if you have bunnies, they are likely to look like this:

Elegant, right? Anyway, recently my sewing machine was in for servicing. To pack it up, I had to remove the cord cover. When it came home, I forgot to replace the cover. While I was sewing yesterday, I looked down and saw this!


They were quickly removed.

And what was the project? Another quilt from the scrap drawer that would no longer close.

Don't laugh at the fabrics, please. Some of these are more than 20 years old, and not much was available then. When these get to a certain size, they will be squared off, cut up, and rearranged with other fabrics. Its interesting to see what I can get out of neglected leftovers, but not very cost effective in terms of time.  Still, the challenge is a good learning exercise.

Ginny just jumped up to say "Hello", and tell you that she wasn't going to eat the electric cord, she was just admiring it.

5 comments:

birdlady said...

LOL!
Noah has asked me to make his turning-13 quilt a crazy quilt. I've never made one and I feel very daunted by the prospect. We've made a start on it, but I keep procrastinating on it. Seeing your quilt pics helps motivate me!
Peace,
MaryLynne

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Admiring it? Yeah right! Can rabbits lie with a straight face?

I'm sure your old fabrics will turn into a lovely scrappy quilt! Feels good to clean out old forgotten stuff like that in a useful way. Nice job!

MGM

Karen S said...

I recognize some of those fabrics!

Did you know that they are having bunny cheerleaders at the Puppy Bowl this weekend! It's new for this year!

Karen M said...

Bunny cheerleaders???? I would have to be in the car driving to North Adams at that time. Guess I'll have to record it.

And yes Mary Grace, bunnies are excellant liars. Usually though, they give you a look of disdain and move on.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Sure Ginny...just admiring it... sounds like somthing Razzy would say too! Naughty!
Oh them buns... Can't wait to see what your pile of scraps turns into!
yf,
shell