Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

A Little Embroidery

Ginny is still under the weather, but slowly improving. Weasley isn't real happy. He doesn't like to be separated from her. He spent most of today here:

Picture this old guy, who sometimes has trouble jumping the 4 inches into his litter box, sproinging straight up, over the trombone, over the backpack, bouncing off the laptop, and landing on that deep cushion! He did that 4 times, and finally I just left him there.

What with the craziness this week, not much sewing has been done. But in the evenings, I calmed myself down with some embroidery. I haven't done much of this type of work at all.  In fact, in the last few years, any emboidery that I did was just some x's, or some running stitches as marks on mixed-media works.

Then, I started looking at all the beautiful work that Shell, of the Raspberry Rabbits   shows on her website and blog. I couldn't help myself. After I finished admiring her rabbits, Razzy and Sugie,  I had to try one of her free patterns. This is my version.

Of course, Shell's is mostly white, and her stitches are much neater, but I'm pretty pleased with this as a first try. The colors in the photo, especially of the lace, are paler than in real life. I used all materials that I had around the house. The lace is a hand-dyed piece that I made last summer. This is a monthly pattern offer, that is supposed to result in a quilt by the end of the year. It will be interesting to see the final result.

And finally,  Second Daughter passed her driving test. Now I really start worrying....

2 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Woo hoo! You did a fantastic job girlfriend! I'm so excited and I hope you will continue with the blocks! It's beautiful. The finished quilt is going to be a little something out of the traditional quilt box and I can hardly wait to get it done!
Continuing to send prayers for Ginny Bunny. She and Wesley are just precious!
hugs and friends,
shell

cloquinette said...

We think your embroidery looks really good for just trying it on a whim in an evening, and that the coloring of the background reminds us of chocolate cake, with the writing, as icing.
We also love the lace, and the swirly patterned border.
Keep up the good work!!
Sarah, Michelle, and Anna