Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Creative Cue: Band

The Creative Cue for this week is  Band.   Since the high school marching band has been a large part of our lives for the last six years, I relied on my parade pictures for this drawing. I had to do a lot of simplifying of my photographs to make this work. It was complicated by the fact that the uniforms have many asymmetric details, which can really skew your perspective! For example, those points on the back of the marchers are not in the center of their backs.



For those of you who know my Second Daughter, this was from an early part of her marching career (middle school), when she was still playing trombone, not sousaphone. And her curls were still short. Time really flies!

5 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow, these thread sketches just keep getting better and better.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Karen, that is just awesome! It looks like a pencil drawing! Even in black and white, those are sharp looking uniforms!

MGM

Karen S said...

Love it -- you can almost hear them.

Raphaela said...

This is really great. Thanks for sharing.

Michele Matucheski said...

I love your thread sketches! One of these days, I'll try one myself!