Well. I had good intentions of finishing up several projects this week, but it's not going to work out that way. What is under this blanket (Daughter #1) is home for a few days, and has come down with a stomach bug, just to make her very short visit more fun.
And this gorgeous girl is having some issues. One of her lumps that she gets is infected. I'm supposed to be putting warm compresses on it. Yeah, right!
So, not a lot is getting done. I have almost finished this. It's the first quilt I made for the Three Creative Studios Color Palette Challenge, the one that I didn't end up using. It still needs a sleeve and label.
There are several figures quilted into it. These were done after all the other quilting. I'm not too happy with the effect.
This little gate was tried in several different spots. I liked it here before quilting, not so much after.
I had to go over this one with a lighter thread, because it faded out completely when I used the thread that I had used for the other figures.
I really like having the figures in the piece, just not how it was executed. I have always done the quilting part of my quilts without planning ahead, just doing what seemed right when I got to it. If I'm going to keep using these figures, I'm going to have to change my way of thinking about the quilting, and do more planning.
Next up, some little springtime quilts, just for fun.