Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Little Too Much Of A Good Thing

This is the week of the year when I usually start pruning the fruit trees and other trees and shrubs in the yard (except the early sping blooming ones, of course). A little snow cover is a good thing, it lifts me up a few inches, making the high branches easier to get to. This year, the pruning is going to have to wait.


That's an apple tree, right there behind the seating area. See the chairs and fire pit? OK, so maybe not the fire pit, but you can see the tops of the chairs, right? The snow here is several inches past my knees.  A little too much to manuever in. There was a photo in the local paper of someone pruning apple trees at Sholan Farms  this past week, but I noticed he was wearing snowshoes. I think I'll just wait a week or two. Or maybe a month.


Meanwhile, strange patterns have begun to appear in the snowbanks around our house.


Could they have been made by the crop circle dudes?


Or perhaps it was only  a teenager expressing her opinion about the amount of shoveling she's had to do?  Guess I'll have to set up a camera, and try to catch the person in the act. Personally, I'm hoping it's the crop circle dudes, because we have another storm or two coming this week, and I want the teenager to keep shoveling!

3 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I was going to suggest wearing snowshoes like the guy in the paper! Then you could reach the really high branches with no problem!

I'm guessing the cool designs in the snow are from one creative teenager who loves to shovel...or at least certainly loves a snow day or two every week!

I hear we're in for another big one this week...must line up my sewing projects and make sure I have enough thread to get through...to heck with milk and bread!

MGM

The Fab Furs said...

Perhaps after clearing the paths the teenager could tamp down some snow, make designs, and then use the hose to lay down a coat of ice and use the area for curling or broom hockey. No local wildlife coming along to chew on the exposed branches?

Lisa said...

No more. Please no more. I'm pretty sure we've used up all of our snow days already. And the public busses are terrifying even when the weather is clear.