Even though most of this week is focused on the Younger Daughter and her friends, I've managed to work on a few new projects. Yesterday I did something a little different when I was doing some volunteer hours at the Leominster Art Center. Instead of taking along a sketchbook and pens, I took a piece of PDF fabric, and fabric markers. I spent my time doodling on the fabric.
I want to add some color to this. Not sure whether to color in the shapes, or just brush color over the top in an abstract way. Then what I'd like to do is applique something (not sure what) over the top. I do have trouble with layering, though, as I get too attached to the individual layers. That's why I'm not much into art journaling. This will be a struggle.
I finished my block of the month for the Quilter's Way project. Amazingly, there were no mistakes on this one! I managed to turn the block and the ruler in the right direction each time, and got the correct result.
I also pulled out some Harry Potter fabric that has been sitting around for a long time, waiting to be made into a donation quilt, and got started. At least one Harry Potter fanatic approves.
This weekend, I need to count up and catalog some UFO's, as my guild is starting a UFO finishing challenge. Could be scary, digging that deeply into the piles. I just might end up buried under a fabric avalanche. I hope your weekend is filled with excitement, of the not so scary kind. Have a great one!