Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Second UFO

Last Thursday at our guild meeting, we got this month's UFO assignment. It was UFO Number 2 from my list.  This would be the cat/koi quilt. In the distant past, I had already started quilting this one. And looking at it, what I had quilted wasn't done very well. Also, I probably wouldn't quilt it with the same patterns now. I was actually thinking about ripping out the quilting that I had already done, but a friend talked me out of it. Instead, it will be my record of how much my quilting has improved (if all goes well). Here it is, currently under the needle.



I have some decisions to make about the background of the central panel.This indecision stopped me from finishing this one in the first place. Now it's time to stop waffling!

5 comments:

Jade said...

Love this design (although you know I was hoping the bunny one came next). Perhaps you could post the thoughts you had for the background and we could offer our thoughts? Sometimes a little brainstorming gets you past the waffling...waffles...mmmmmmmm, waffles...

bunnits said...

Machine quilting in anything but straight lines just baffles me. I would admire whatever you decide to do. I must say I'm glad you did not rip out what you'd already done, although that sounds like something I'd do.

SixBunnies said...

I looove looove loooove the catfish! Purrrrrfect!

The Fab Furs said...

Fargo thinks the cat/koi would make a lovely disguise for him to wear to swim in the koi pond across the street.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Your quilts are always so interesting Karen. I can't wait to see this one finished.