Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Surprise In The Mail

Recently, I received an unexpected package in the mail. I got pretty excited when I saw that it was from Gina of Clay and Fiber, because I have admired her work for quite a while now. Inside, I found some of both (both clay and fiber, that is).

First, there was this beautiful ATC. It has a very delicate look to it, perfect for (almost) Spring.


And then I opened a handmade card to find these wonderful clay pieces. The three squares at the bottom are buttons. They have a nice heft to them, and they feel good in your hand. The pendants at the top, and the s-shaped piece have terrific texture. I particularly love the pendant with the spiral.


I'm going to take my time finding exactly the right projects for these. Thank you so much, Gina. Your generosity really brightened my day!

Gina showed some new work on her blog recently. The bowls are spectacular, and so funky with the fiber elements added. You can find some of them in her shop.here.

4 comments:

Lavender Rabbit said...

Wonderful surprises in the mail! Love the buttons and pendants, very cool.

Gina said...

I'm so glad you like them Karen! You didn't mention though that this was simply a thank you for the incredible super-duper blogiversary give-away you had and I was the super lucky one to win it! I loved the chocolate and am still enjoying the tea and having lots of fun with all the art supplies. Plus your rabbit bag is wonderful and strong, it goes with me to the market as it holds so much and looks so cute!

Jade said...

Oooooooh, pretty, pretty purple--and I love the clay pieces! Unexpected gifties are always the best. Lovely stuff!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh wow! Those gifties are awesome!