Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday In The Garden

The weather got cloudier and cooler this week, and things slowed down a bit in the garden. Some things are all done blossoming, but still interesting, like the lupine. I love the silvery glow of the seed pods.


A few things are blossoming. The Rose Campion is going crazy in a back area where some pass-along plants have been allowed to do what they want.


The lavender smells heavenly, and I wish I had more of it.


But mostly this week, the garden seems to be about potential. We have peas blossoming and filling pods. We had a few at dinner yesterday. Yum!


The pears are getting larger, and need to be thinned.


We will have some blueberries finally this year (if we beat the birds to them).


And, the raspberries are getting close to ripe. In past years, I have been scolded by a Catbird while picking these beauties. I wonder if he will be back this year?


Finally, that yucca from the last two Friday posts is still getting bigger, but has yet to pop into blossom! Maybe next week I will be able to show you its cascade of white blossoms.


You may have noticed the lack of sewing or other art on this blog lately. Like the garden, the potential is still here, but I am moving very slowly. Having my non-driving older child home, and trying to fit in all sorts of appointments and visits before she heads to grad school has been very disruptive. I'm not really minding, because after August, we will see very little of her for the next two years, and I am trying to enjoy as much time with her as I can before then. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep track of  ideas, and I'm taking lots of pictures, and the potential will blossom when the time is right.

Happy Friday! I hope your Friday holds blossoms as well!

No comments: