Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday In The Garden

We have some new sights in the garden this week. Several areas have bright, cheery daisy faces waving in the breeze.


Second Daughter's garden has the earliest of the Black-Eyed Susans.



First Daughter's garden has a vivid orange lily. She gave me a pot of lilies for Mother's Day several years back, and I replanted them here.


The first coreopsis (one whose name I don't know) is blossoming. Later will come Moonbeam, and the tall coreopsis that will grow to 6 feet. When the tall one is only a couple feet high, I usually get some questions from people who see it, as it looks a lot like something we can't legally grow (if you get my drift)! The birds love the seeds of all these varieties.


Last week we had the yellow yarrow. This week, the yellow is still going strong, but we also have a pink one. This is another one whose name I don't know, passed on from another gardener. I love the color and texture of these.


Some of the promise of last week has been fulfilled, and we are picking lots of raspberries. First Daughter made us raspberry pancakes one morning for breakfast. No picture of the pancakes, they disappeared too fast.


And, those Yucca are finally blooming!


How about a closer view of those blossoms?


Imagine the music if these blossoms were actual bells. Then again, maybe they make music only the fairys can hear.


Have a great weekend, everybun!

3 comments:

Katie :o) said...

*sigh*... garden envy... Very beautiful :o)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Raspberry pancakes and you didn't save me any!!! hee,hee,hee.
Looooooove those Yucca flowers. I've never seen them before. They are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! I am new to your blog (through Aimee)...and I love it...I used to have a house rabbit named Flower. She was an adorible pet!!!