Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

AED Finale

Today is the final day of Art Every Day Month. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. This has been a very interesting experience. I learned a lot about using paper, pastels, and glazes. Learning to make the disparate elements blend or contrast was difficult, sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I still have to work on getting the compositions balanced. I tend to get excited about the project, and make marks or glue things down before thinking it through all the way!

Today's collage features the Curly One, as a Goddess of Harvest.

 
One of my goals for this month was to get over my reluctance to cover up layers. I think it worked. There will be more paper collages in my future, but right now I'm starting to think about how to translate some of this into fabric. I haven't worked with shear fabrics much, so that will be the next thing to explore. Anyone have any tips on that for me?
 
Have a great weekend, everyone. See you on Monday!

3 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

I love that you put the curly one in this it makes it more personal,as for working with shear fabrics I'm a bit stumped.I do use fabric on some of my cards with lace but that tends to be layer and pixed to decoparge of pictures cut out,xx Rachel and Speedy

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Totally cool collage. Looks like you had lots of fun this month.

Gina said...

I know that reluctance well of not wanting to cover up layers. There's always that thought of whether I'll make it worse instead of better. In sheer fabrics I use tulle a lot, maybe because it doesn't cover much up, mostly takes the edge off a layer if it is too bold. (plus it holds 'stuff' in place)