Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Two For The Price Of One

I never posted yesterday's collage, so today you get to see two. The first is yesterday's, which got it's start when I asked my husband to pick an image. He found an image of a possible moon settlement. I may still go back in and put astronaut helmets on the girl and dog. Do you think that's a good idea?

 
Today's collage started with the dancer. The quote between the dancer and heron is from Emma Goldman, an early feminist/anarchist/social activist. She must have been quite a force, and some of her ideas and methods were a bit over the top. From what I can gather, the quote was in answer to people who wondered if she could be sincere in her cause(s) if she still partook of fun activities.

 
There are several versions of the quote, so she either used it a lot, saying it differently each time, or it was never accurately recorded in the first place. This is the version I used:

"A revolution without dancing is not a revolution worth having."

4 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I like both these a lot! I really like the Emma Goldman quote too!

Bot sure about space helmets, I like the collage as it is, though the helmets might be a fun idea!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and I sure like both these collages. I think your first intuition was probably right.

Little Miss Titch said...

the first one is perfect don't change it,both are lovely,xx Speedy and Rachel

bunnits said...

I really like both collages. Undecided on whether to use the helmets. Maybe as a trial, draw them on scrap paper, cut them out, place on collage to see what you think. It might reinforce the off-world settlement aspect more. I like how the girl looks weightless.