Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

One World

I really have to start posting earlier in the day. If you get some funny non-words, it's because my head has hit the keyboard, and I'm asleep!

Today's collage started with a dictionary page, which happened to contain the words oneness, oneself, and on the flip side, omnipresence. Also omnivorous, but that's a whole other story. The words suggested a "take care of the earth theme" to me. probably because I've been thinking a lot about global warming this week following the hurricane.


Somehow I managed to find the Gaia stamp that I had carved a couple of years ago (someone really needs to organize this place), and that became the focus. I also added the seedling stamp that I had carved around the same time. (Note to the Curly One- Not copying you. I drew it first!) A cutout flower, that looked like the sun, some paint and pastels and it was mostly done.

The final step was to write below the flower. I copied the sentence that the dictionary had  as a usage example for "oneself". It says, "One must take a certain amount of initiative oneself". A good idea generally, but especially so when talking about the environment. What do you think?

(In my sidebar are links to other posts for Art Everyday Month, and NaBlopoMo. Check them out for some interesting reading and viewing.)

3 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent and i agree we all need to take a certain amount of initiative

Little Miss Titch said...

great piece of work Karen and a fab theme,xxSpeedy and Rach

SixBunnies said...

Who is this lovely bun gracing the main spotlight on your page?