Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Flash 55

Not really a big fan of Twinkies, but hard to believe they are going to disappear. Today's flash fiction is in honor of that squishy, little cake.


*************************
 
“Like a Twinkie for dessert?” he asked.
“Didn’t they stop making those in 2012”, she answered.
“Yeah, it’s lucky they have lots of preservatives.”
With a flourish, he opened a cupboard. It was full of Twinkies.
“I have more stored off-site, just in case.”
“Thanks, but I need to go”. She hurried toward the door.

*************************
You can find links to more Flash Fiction 55 here. Thanks, G-man, for hosting.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! I just read the news this morning. Can you believe it?

Bubba said...

LOL! I remember Woody Harrelson's character in "Zombieland" wanted to find a Twinkie so badly.

Maude Lynn said...

As soon as I recover from the shock of the news, I'm going out to buy Twinkies!

Little Miss Titch said...

Hehehe that's some thing we don't have in the uk but I do remember from when I lived in the US.can't quite belive tis bit of shocking news

Brian Miller said...

oh you are breaking my heart...i love a twinkie...haven't had one in a while...may need to gt some to save for posterity sake of course...smiles.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Yeah, I just heard that too. Funny how many people actually like the little things with a half life a a zillion! This actually sounds just like my husband!

G-Man said...

You forgot to mention that the year in your story was 2525!!
They have a shelf life about that long.
Loved your sugary 55 Karen.
You are Great at these!!!
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

My mom used to put Twinkies in the freezer, in a misguided belief they'd go bad if left at room temp too long. Frozen Twinkies are pretty delish!

Margaret said...

I loved the link you provided... serves the Teamsters right! I have little use for that specific union...

Yes, you should have dated your 55 "2525". ha ha. I hate to say it, but I don't like them. Now Krispy Kremes... that is another story and probably just as bad for us. ;)