Quilt Testers In Action

Quilt Testers In Action

Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Getting Weird(er) Around Here

[This post edited, because I finally figured out my scanner problem! So this is new, improved, now with less blurry pictures!]


Today's art project took a weird turn. I was sitting on the couch, trying to figure out what to do for my collage, when I felt a nip on my ankle. I looked down, and saw a little blue and pink creature, looking up at me with big eyes. She's been hanging around the house since the kids were little, but I never saw this coming.

She very sweetly informed me that her name was Minerva Aphrodite, and now that there are no rabbits around to disapprove, she would like to come out and play. She insisted that I put her in to my collage, and then settled down on the couch to watch the National Geographic Channel.

 
Unfortunately, the collage today isn't my favorite. You know how sometimes you have an idea, but when you start to create, whether you are writing, drawing, cooking, or whatever, it just doesn't go the way you want it to? And the more you try to force it into the mold you have in mind, the more it goes awry? That's how I feel about this.



I do like it better with PSE's glowing edges applied. Isn't it funky?


What do you do when this happens to you with a project?
 
Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day. I intend to go at the next collage with a more open mind, and take advantage of whatever ideas show up.
 
Oh, one more thing. Minerva Aphrodite wants to know if Speedy would be willing to play with her, even though she's imaginary. I think she has a crush on him....

1 comment:

Little Miss Titch said...

first things first we love this collage,Minerva Aphrodite is adorable and Speedy is intrigued by her...I think its her pink fluffy hair